Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Last Day at the MTC

Hey there,
 
So today is my last day in the MTC. It is so weird how it flew by so quickly. I can not even believe it. They said the days were long and the weeks were short. We truly know how true that is. Oh and apparently the you can email anytime after p-day was a false rumor. We can only email on p-day or during the gym time that we use for laundry time the day before we leave.
 
So first off I want to tell you my flight schedule for tomorrow.
  • 2:30 AM Report to Travel office
  • 6:00 AM Depart SLC
  • 9:28 AM Arrive Minneapolis, MN (MS airport)
  • 11:35 AM Depart MS
  • 1:34 PM Arrive Edmonton, Canada (YE)
Ain't this a lovely schedule. Well I do get time to call home when we get to Minneapolis. I think it will be around 9:00 here when I get to call. Dad hopefully you are able to stay home for a little while.
 
Well let me tell you about the rest of my week. Actually I don't know what to tell you about it. I love my district and we really don't want to leave because all of us will miss each other soo much. We have really been able to come close to each other.
 
So apparently there were some confusion about my district. We are district 64-C. There is Elders Christensen, Hatch, McMullen, Webb, Monk, and I. Along with Sisters Karford, Budge, Galovich, Teuscher, and Dougherty(?). Elder Hatch, Elder McMullen, and Sister Dougherty are going to the Halifax mission. The rest of us along with district 64-B are all going to Edmonton. So pretty much 2/3 of our zone are going to Edmonton this week.
 
The Devotionals here are great. There is one Sunday night and one Tuesday night everyweek. Tuesday night was a special one, in that it was the first time that both the Main and West campus' got together in person. As you saw we were all walking over to the Marriot Center. That walk was a little touching for me since I used to park there everyday of my college life. It was a really inspiring devotional by Mervyn J Arnold. I was able to sing in the choir even though we forgot about choir practice the week before, we just kinda join in. The choir had to leave early so our district just came along. Well apparently so did a lot of districts. We had a choir of about 2,000 missionaires. It was really awesome.
 
Well then we had classes and the usualy things for the rest of the week. I finally did run into Sister Tafua. Actually yesterday I kept running into here everywhere. It was really pretty funny. We got a picture that I will attach. I also finally got a picture with Hermana Lewis. And I warn you about the pictures. There is I guess a rule that you are supposed to include your companion in every picture so that's what ended up happening. Elder Christensen is really funny and turned around in one of them. Hermana Lewis's companion would play along so that one kinda looks awkward. The second one is just fine I think. Also we didn't realize until it was over that my name badge was in my suit pocket and hers was hidden under her scarf. It was a funny moment.
 
Oh so in class on Saturday with Bro Anderson, we had the opportunity to prepare a lesson for someone else in the room. Since we have 6 elders and 5 sisters one of us had to pair up with Bro Anderson. He had it already planned out and I ended up being the lucky one. I already knew that he was an amazing teacher, but the message that he shared with me was so uplifting to me personally. He shared with me a scripture in Moroni that I can't remember right now. Then he shared D&C 68: 3-6. That really touched me. It really gave me the faith, hope, and confidence that I really can do this marvelous work.
 
Well I love you and hope to be able to talk to you tomorrow from Minneapolis.
 
Love and miss you,
Elder O'Neill

No comments:

Post a Comment