Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hi there,
It is finally p-day. We are so excited. We actually have time to kick back and relax a little. Well even though we have some free time we don't know what to do with it.
Well first off. I get absolutely no sleep. Mom you knew I would have a tough time getting up at 6:30 every morning. Well I don't get to get up at 6:30. I have to get up at 5:45 pretty much every morning because we have the early schedule so we have to be at breakfast at 6:30. Ya I guess I deserve that.
Well let me tell you about my district. There are 6 elders and 5 sisters in my district. There is Elder Christensen (my companion), and Elders Webb (our district leader), Monks, McMullen, Hatch and me. We are all in the same room. Yep all 6 of us. There is also Sister Karford, Budge, Dougherty, Tuecher, and Galovich. Even though we have only been here for 5 days we are all super close. We are bonding super well. Our Teachers are super awesome as well. Brother Anderson and Brother Blatter (pronounced blotter) are amazing.
The other day during our 3 hours of study (yes super super long study times) we would getting talking about movies and other things. Later that night when Brother Anderson was teaching us, we were all pretty much chastised by the spirit. We all thought that Brother Anderson could see it in our faces that we were guilty of what his was speaking about, but we found out the next day that he had no idea that that was exactly what we needed to hear. It was pretty amazing.
So about my companion Elder Christensen. He is so awesome. We really get along pretty well. He is from Gilbert Arizona. From what I can tell we are both really similar. We are both usually pretty held back and reserved when it comes to teaching, but he is much less reserved than me. I have had to challenge myself to talk more during our lessons.
So I regret to tell you that I will not be coming back with an 'eh' accent. Elder McMullen and Hatch are from Alberta and are going to Halifax. They said that the accent mostly comes from the weirdos in Toronto. Ha Brock is going to get the accent not me.
I have run into so many people that I know. I don't have my journal with me so I can't say everyone, but I will try my best. I have seen Regan (obviously you heard about that), Bridget (her classroom is down the hall from mine), Krysta Moss (say her as she was saying goodbye to her family), Nalia (Dad she says hello), Stewart (from my choir class last semester, He is a teacher here. Tell more about that in a minute), and some other people from high school and college. I can't remember everyone right now. It is super fun to run into everyone.
So about Stewart. I found out last night that he was Sister Bangerter's teacher. She is Elder Christensen's girlfriend going to New Tork, Yudaka (?). Ya it was a weird connection. My companion's girlfriend's teacher is one of my friends. It is so crazy.
Anyways I have loved the letters that you have sent. I love how stupid the people and Valtek/Flowserve are. I love to here about what is going on.

Tell Sean, Emily, Olivia, and William thank you for the package. I love the mentos and reese's a lot. Thank you for another tie, but not really sure what I'm supposed to do with the pocket square.
I know Dad I thought I wouldn't be writing super long novels but it looks like I will be. The emails probably quite as long since while we are still here at the MTC we can get on email for a little bit each day after this. We didn't have email privledges until p-day. It was a weird rule but I can understand it.
Well, even though the MTC is hard it is still a great experience. We learn so much and really get a lot of teaching experience. A mission really does change someone. I have been here for 5 days and I already fell like a different person.
Here are some pictures of our district at the temple Sunday.

Love you lots,
Elder O'Neill
(still getting used to that)
P.S. Mom you can post this on the blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment